Job Description For Front Desk Officer
Before we delve into the job description of a front desk officer we must explain what a job description , a Job description is a useful, plain-language tool that explains the tasks, duties, function and responsibilities of a position. It details who performs a specific type of work, how that work is to be completed, and the frequency and the purpose of the work as it relates to the organization’s mission and goals.
Who Is a Front Desk Officer ?
A Front Desk Officer represents the first point of contact with the clients of a business, hotel or doctor’s office.
They perform essential front desk administrative duties including answering phone calls, greeting clients, overseeing the office budget, give directions and manage the flow of traffic in the office.
Listed below is a job description stating the duties and requirements for the role of a front desk officer
DUTIES OF A FRONT DESK OFFICER :
- Greet guests and provide them with superb customer service.
- Ensure the front desk is neat, presentable, and equipped with all the necessary supplies such as pens, forms, and paper.
- Answer all client questions and incoming calls.
- Redirect phone calls to the appropriate department and take down messages.
- Accept all letters and packages, and distribute them to their appropriate departments.
- Monitor, organize and forward emails.
- Track and order office equipment and supplies.
- Maintain records and files.
- Oversee the office budget.
- HND/BSc in any relevant field.
- A minimum of 2 years’ proven experience in a similar role.
- Good understanding of office administration and basic bookkeeping practices.
- Superb written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and multitasking abilities.
- Strong knowledge of MS Office programs.
Conclude the job description with simple instructions on how to apply for the role, Whatever method you use in drafting a job description make sure its easy for the prospective job candidates to identify what’s expected of them on the job.