Job Description For Administrative Assistant
Administrative Assistants provide support to managers, other employees, and office visitors by handling a variety of tasks in order to ensure that all interactions between the organization and others are positive and productive. A master multi-tasker with excellent communication skills and an upbeat attitude. Candidates should be able to assist management and all visitors to the company by handling office tasks, providing polite and professional assistance via phone, mail, and e-mail, making reservations or travel arrangements, and generally being a helpful and positive presence in the workplace. Interns assist the company with tasks set out by various teams, such as research, data capturing and working closely with different team members to learn more about the company.DUTIES:
- Handling office tasks, such as filing, generating reports and presentations, setting up for meetings, and reordering supplies.
- Providing real-time scheduling support by booking appointments and preventing conflicts.
- Making travel arrangements, such as booking flights, cars, and making hotel and restaurant reservations.
- Screening phone calls and routing callers to the appropriate party.
- Using computers to generate reports, transcribe minutes from meetings, create presentations, and conduct research.
- Greet and assist visitors.
- Maintain polite and professional communication via phone, e-mail, and mail.
- Anticipate the needs of others in order to ensure their seamless and positive experience.
- Fulfill tasks set out by supervisors from several departments.
- Attend meetings and take minutes.
- Perform research at a supervisor’s request.
- Associate’s Degree in related field.
- Prior administrative experience.
- Excellent computer skills, especially typing.
- Attention to detail.
- Multilingual may be preferred or required.
- Desire to be proactive and create a positive experience for others.
- A final year student or recent graduate.
- Eager to learn and work with various departments in the company.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Ability to multitask.
- Cope well under pressure.
Administrative interns work in a variety of settings, including corporate offices, government agencies, and non-profit organizations. They may occasionally be required to work overtime to complete a project or meet a deadline. Administrative interns are usually assigned to a specific department, such as human resources or marketing, and they work closely with other staff members in that department. They may also have the opportunity to work with staff in other departments, depending on the size and structure of the organization. Administrative interns should be able to work independently and be able to take direction from multiple supervisors. They should also be able to handle a variety of tasks simultaneously and be able to adapt to changing priorities.