Job Description For Administrative Officer
WHO IS AN ADMINISTRATIVE OFFICER?
Administrative Officers provide administrative and clerical support to companies and organizations. They answer telephone calls, schedule meetings, prepare reports, and file documents. An Administrative Officer, you should display good phone etiquette and a thorough understanding of office management procedures. Ultimately, a top-performing Administrative Officer should be able to demonstrate exceptional organizational and time management skills to complete all duties in a timely manner.DUTIES:
- Answering telephone calls, responding to queries, and replying to emails.
- Preparing expense reports and office budgets.
- Managing office supplies and ordering new supplies as needed.
- Systematically filing important company documents.
- Forwarding all correspondence, such as letters and packages, to staff members.
- Scheduling meetings and booking conference rooms.
- Hiring maintenance vendors to repair or replace damaged office equipment.
- Assisting the HR department with job postings and interviews.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or Business Management is advantageous.
- Proven experience working in an office environment.
- Proficiency in all Microsoft Office applications.
- Working knowledge of business management.
- The ability to multitask.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Effective communication skills.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
An administrative officer is as good as the number of skills he or she possesses.
The higher number of skills signifies that the candidate is capable of taking care of all the major operations of the company.
Some of the important skills are: Capability to work independently as the only coworkers would be the team members obeying the instructions of the administrative officer. Attention to detail to ensure that there is no missing spot in every task. Candidates cannot afford to miss arranging the projector for an official sales meet. Technological knowledge of the current version of software like Microsoft Office.Ability to communicate. Being able to solve problems.